Skip to content
Monday, March 2, 2015 | 6:40 AM CST
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply for PIN: Apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) online at www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN can be used to electronically sign the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the form required to apply for federal financial aid, including Federal Direct Loans and Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans.
- Complete the FAFSA: Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA is available January 1. You should complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. The school code on the FAFSA for Texas A&M University is 003632.
- Apply for Alternative Loans: If you have not met the cost of your education with Federal Direct Loans and Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans, you can apply for alternative loans from private lending institutions to cover additional costs. You are free to select any lender who participates; however, Texas A&M does maintain an alternative loan lender list.
Documents required to complete the FAFSA
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license
- W-2 and 1099 wage forms
- Federal Income Tax Return
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ
- Foreign Tax Return
- Veterans benefits
- Current bank balances
- Current business net worth
- Farm/ranch net worth (if you have more than 100 employees)
- Investment net worth (not including retirement plan accounts, such as a 401K, 403B or annuity)